First off today is a wonderful bit of wisdom regarding the debate about the mosque and Ground Zero. Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, who would be the spiritual leader of the mosque, was recently quoted as saying the clash is not between Christians and Muslims. “The real battle that we must wage together today is not between Muslims and non-Muslims. It is between moderates of all the faith traditions. We must not let the extremists, whatever their faith, whatever their political persuasion, hijack the discourse….”
I’m a Plugger. I have no idea who this Lady Gaga is and what is the deal about the meat dress?
AWARD – Carol Kilgore from Under the Tiki Hut presented me with the Versatile Blogger Award. It is quite an honor to receive this award and according to the rules I am supposed to tell seven things about me and then pass the award on. Carol, who shares my inclination to be a rule-breaker, decided to share seven things about her writing. She also gave us permission to mix-up the rules any way we want, so I am going to share some things about my cats. I might get to seven and I might not.
1. Little John, who is definitely not so little anymore, thinks he is king. The rest of the cats defer to him, so maybe he is right.
2. Shadow, new kitty on the block, has given up on trying to make friends with the other cats and plays with the dog.
3. Orca is a pig. He sits like a vulture while the other cats are eating, just waiting for the leftovers.
4. Orca is also a great hunter. The other day he got that gopher that was tearing up my pasture.
5. We only have one cat that we got on purpose.
6. Misty, the matriarch of the herd – is that the proper term? – tolerates the other cats, but really wishes she lived alone.
Now I will pass this on to a few of my blogger friends. Tracy Farr at I’m Just a Guy because I think he will have the most fun with breaking the rules. Mary at Giggles and Guns because she, too, will have a twist on the rules. Don’t you just love the name of her blog? A new blogger friend, Alex, at Breakfast Every Hour . You can really tell I like blogs with unusual names.
Lastly, I am a guest today at Elaine Cantrell’s Blog where I am interviewed by the central character in my upcoming release, Open Season. Since Robin Spano and I are still debating whose idea this type of interview was, I am going on record as saying I did this one for Elaine looonnngggg before Robin did hers. Just sayin…
Elaine’s blog has lots of links to interesting sites and articles about the publishing business and is a nice place to visit.