Carole Kilgore over at Under the Tiki Hut gave me this lovely Picasso Award the other day. In her blog, she said it reminded her of spring, a season that many of us who have had lots of snow are really looking forward to.
I appreciate her thoughtfulness in passing this on to me. Now I am supposed to tell seven things about me – and this time there is no true or false – and pass the award on to other bloggers.
So here goes.
1. I was once a roller-skating car hop. If you ever see a rerun of Happy Days, that wasn’t me in the opening credits, although I wish it were. Just think of the residuals I could still be taking in.
2. I watch all the Olympic events, even if they are sports I would never otherwise be interested in. I’m a real sucker for the competitive spirit, although I wish the commentators would shut up sometimes. Actually, a lot of times.
3. I won my first writing award when I was 12.
4. So, it’s not a surprise that I have wanted to be a writer since I was a child.
5. My husband is my best friend.
6. I love to work outdoors and can spend hours playing farmer. That is why the cold weather has got to go away. I am ready to dig and plant and sow and reap.
7. I was bitten by the acting bug a few years ago and now you can’t keep me off the stage. Except when practicality wins out and I realize I should stay home with my best friend instead of going to daily rehearsals for six weeks.
Now I will pass this on to a few other bloggers:
LuAnn Morgan at Reading Frenzy
Ginger Simpson at Dishin It Out
Terry O’Dell at Terry’s Place
Morgan Mandel at Double M’s take on books, blogs, dogs, networking & life