Carole Kilgore over at Under the Tiki Hut gave me this lovely Picasso Award the other day. In her blog, she said it reminded her of spring, a season that many of us who have had lots of snow are really looking forward to.
I appreciate her thoughtfulness in passing this on to me. Now I am supposed to tell seven things about me – and this time there is no true or false – and pass the award on to other bloggers.
So here goes.
1. I was once a roller-skating car hop. If you ever see a rerun of Happy Days, that wasn’t me in the opening credits, although I wish it were. Just think of the residuals I could still be taking in.
2. I watch all the Olympic events, even if they are sports I would never otherwise be interested in. I’m a real sucker for the competitive spirit, although I wish the commentators would shut up sometimes. Actually, a lot of times.
3. I won my first writing award when I was 12.
4. So, it’s not a surprise that I have wanted to be a writer since I was a child.
5. My husband is my best friend.
6. I love to work outdoors and can spend hours playing farmer. That is why the cold weather has got to go away. I am ready to dig and plant and sow and reap.
7. I was bitten by the acting bug a few years ago and now you can’t keep me off the stage. Except when practicality wins out and I realize I should stay home with my best friend instead of going to daily rehearsals for six weeks.
Now I will pass this on to a few other bloggers:
LuAnn Morgan at Reading Frenzy
Ginger Simpson at Dishin It Out
Terry O’Dell at Terry’s Place
Morgan Mandel at Double M’s take on books, blogs, dogs, networking & life
7 thoughts on “New Award”
Thanks so much for the award. I hope you’ll forgive me for not passing it on right away — I think I’m at least 2 awards behind, if not more, and am swamped with the move.
Thank you so much, but I can’t do anything with this until after my February Love Fest is over. I have someone booked for every day this month, and I dare not intrude on their blog time. I’ll try to remember to do this sometime in March, but not the first, since Katie Hines will be beginning a blog tour. *lol*
Thank you very much, Maryann. You’re a sweetie!
You’re quite brave, you know. I think anyone who gets up on stage and acts (or sings, etc.) is brave. The idea attracts me, scares me, and stops me.
Straight From Hel
Thanks for stopping by ladies. I understand about being busy and almost didn’t pass this on to you, but I thought of you both,
Helen, I was scared of getting on stage for years, even though I wanted to. I just kept telling myself I was just as happy directing a show, but that is totally different from being on stage.
Twelve? I’m definitely a late bloomer.
Congrats! You’re brave to want to act. *shudder*