Helen Ginger gave me the “Lesa’s (Bald Faced Liar) “Creative Writer” Blogger Award. Helen has the wonderful blog Straight From Hell, and is also a partner in editing at The Blood Red Pencil blog, and it was quite an honor to receive the award from her.
It was great fun to read about how the award was given to Helen and her six outrageos lies about experiences in her life. Of the things she mentioned, readers had to guess which were lies and which might be the truth. Did she lie six times and tell the truth once, or lie once and tell the truth six times?
So, following in that sense of good fun, I hereby list some things you might not know about me. Truth or fiction? You be the judge.
1. I was a roller-skating car hop like the ones on “Happy Days.”
2. I’ve broken almost every bone in my body.
3. I once went backpacking in the Rockies.
4. I was a trail rider at a riding stable.
5. I was an executive director for a film project.
6. I was nominated for a Pulitzer Prize.
I will post the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth on my blog, Thursday.
The rules for this award are fairly simple. Recipients must –
1. Thank the person who gave this to you. ( so I officially thank Helen)
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you.
4. Tell us up to six outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one outrageous truth. (or the other way around)
5. Allow your readers to guess which one or more are true.
6. Nominate seven “Creative Writers” who might have fun coming up with outrageous lies. (or as many as you would like)
7. Post links to the blogs you nominate.
8. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.
I gleefully pass the award on to:
Tracy Farr — (couldn’t do something this much fun and leave him out.)
I hope this does not put an undue burden on the authors and is fun for everyone.
4 thoughts on “Blogger Award”
I think #2 is the lie. I certainly hope you haven’t broken nearly every bone in your body, especially since I believe you’ve been backpacking and trail riding, which seems unlikely if you’ve broken so many bones.
Straight From Hel
I hope Helen’s correct. Breaking almost every bone in your body doesn’t sound like a fun time. Congrats on the award.
Thanks Maryann for the award. This lying business is new to me, but I’ll give it a go. Check my site Wednesday for a few little fibs. Again thanks!
Okay, Tracy, your first lie is right here in the comments. LOL